QUALIFICATIONS FOR REGISTRATION
According to Section 12 of LARO, a person can register as a RLA if he or she:-
(i) is a member of HKILA; or
(ii) is a member of a landscape architectural body the membership of which is accepted by the Board as being of a standard not less than that of a member of HKILA; or
(iii) has passed such examination in landscape architecture and other subjects and has received such training and experience as the Board may accept, either generally or in a particular case, as a qualification of a standard not less than that of a member of HKILA; and
(b) he or she satisfies the Board that he or she has had 1 year's relevant professional experience in Hong Kong before the date of his application for registration; and
or she is ordinarily resident in
(d) he or she is not the subject of an inquiry committee or a disciplinary order under Part IV of LARO which precludes him or her from being registered under LARO; and
(e) he or she satisfies the Board by declaration in writing that he or she is competent to practise as a landscape architect; and
(f) he or she is fit and proper person to be registered.
Details of application can refer to the Application Guidance Notes. Please fill in the relevant application forms: New Application or Renewal Application. Application Fee for a new application is HK$1200, and the annual renewal fee is HK$800.
FOR APPLICANTS WHO ARE NOT MEMBERS OF HKILA
A) Applicants who are Members of List 1* Organizations:
(Member of a landscape architectural body the membership of which is accepted by the Board as a standard not less than that of a member of the HKILA)
1) A minimum of 1 year post-qualification local practical experience which should be verified by a Member, or Fellow, of HKILA, or a Registered Landscape Architect, and
2) Be a professional member of an overseas institute(s) with reciprocal arrangements with the HKILA at the time of the application
Note* : List 1 Organizations - Overseas Institutes that have an entrance qualification system which is not of a lower standard than that of, and have reciprocal arrangement with, HKILA:
B) Applicants who are Members of Other Organizations:
(Has passed such examination in landscape architecture and other subjects and has received such training and experience as LARB may accept, either generally or in a particular case, as a qualification of a standard not less than that of a member of the HKILA)
1) A minimum of 1 year post-qualified local practical experience which should be verified by a Member, or Fellow, of the HKILA, or a RLA, and
2) To demonstrate to LARB that he or she is competent to practise as a Landscape Architect in Hong Kong, the applicant shall pass an interview conducted by an Assessment Panel (refer Mechanism in Asessing Applicants who are not HKILA Members) set up by LARB to assess the applicant's portfolio, knowledge on local regulations and statutory control requirements, HKILA Code of Professional Conduct and Conditions of Engagement and Professional Charges, and LARO, and
3) In addition to B(2), the applicant may be requested to take and pass certain part(s), or the whole, of the HKILA's Professional Practice Examination (PPE) as deemed appropriate by LARB in accordance with Clause 13(3) of LARO.
DECLARATION ON COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
1) The Board will use the personal data you provide for the processing of the Application Form and all matters related including the administration of the Board.
2) The personal data provided by means of the Application Form may be disclosed and/or transferred to government bodies or other agencies for lawful purpose.
3) You have voluntarily provided the information to the Board and you understand that failing to provide adequate or accurate information may delay or suspend the processing of the Application Form.
4) You have a right of access and correction with respect to personal data as provided for in Sections 18 and 22 and Principle 6 of Schedule 1 to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. Your right of access includes the right to obtain a copy of your personal data provided in the Application Form.
5) You, or any authorized person with a written statement, may request in writing to the Board Registrar for accessing and correcting the personal data provided in the Application Form.
01/2014 Webpage by Lai Sai Hong
HONG KONG LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTS REGISTRATION BOARD香港園境師註冊管理局